Bitmama.io, a cryptocurrency startup in Nigeria where people can buy, sell, and store cryptocurrency online, has been selected as one one of the 100 Most Promising African Startups.
As a finalist, Bitmama has been invited to the Africa Moves Summit, 17-21 June 2019, Tunisia. At the Summit, Bitmama will enjoy free turnkey exhibition stand; access to conferences, roundtables; opportunity to participate in startups and investors pitches; and participate in live fundraising meetings.
With mission “to financially empower people by leveraging blockchain technology with fast, simple and easy trading of cryptocurrencies”, Bitmama is 16th on the list of 100 African startups spanning various industries.
SiBAN contacted Ruth Iselama, the Founder and CEO of Bitamama about the recognition by Africa Moves. “I feel excited and really happy that what we do at Bitmama is being noticed”, she said excitedly. “Though I am yet to receive an official mail about the selection, I stumbled upon this in the news.” One of the founding members and an acting Financial Secretary at SiBAN, Ruth Iselama reassured that “Bitmama is not relenting on giving Africa a face in the global blockchain community”. SiBAN is happy to hear that and Bitmama has our beat wishes!
Going by the list, it is evident that tech startups in Africa are enjoying attention, and deservingly too. Apart from Bitmama, below are the Nigerian startups that made the list as well:
- 4scholars, Nigeria,
- Bigcel limited, Nigeria, Food
- Driversng.com, Nigeria, Mobility/Transportation
- E-farms, Nigeria, Banking/Finance/Insurance
- Foodlocker Limited, Nigeria, Consumer goods/Retail/E-commerce
- House of Uwe, Nigeria, Consumer goods/Retail/E-commerce
- Kitovu Technology Company, Nigeria, Food
- Livestock247.com, Nigeria, Information Technologies
- Lucy.ng, Nigeria, Consumer goods/Retail/E-commerce
- Point Of Sales For Africa Technologies Limited, Nigeria, Banking/Finance/Insurance
- Publiseer, Nigeria, Consumer goods/Retail/E-commerce
- SALUBATA, Nigeria, Luxury/Fashion/Beauty
- Social Lender, Nigeria, Banking/Finance/Insurance
- Loystar, Nigeria, Consumer goods/ Retail/ E-commerce
We at SiBAN wish all the finalists, in and outside Nigeria, the best at Africa Moves Summit.
Acknowledgment: Though originally written by SiBAN, the news release was scooped from eBlockbuzz.com.