Blockchain technology is one of the emerging technologies with immense potentials. A type of distributed ledger technology that involves improved security using what is known as cryptography, blockchain technology is being applied in various sectors and industries today. Cryptocurrency is the most popular application of blockchain, with bitcoin becoming the most adopted cryptocurrency today.
Apart from cryptocurrencies, blockchain is also applied in other areas of financial services, including cross-border transactions, clearing and settlements; crowdfunding; credit reporting; digital identity verification against fraud; stock exchange and share trading; syndicated lending; accounting, book keeping, and audit; peer-to-peer transfers; and trade finance platforms.
Outside the financial sector, blockchain technology is being applied in the agricultural, entertainment, health, sports, supply chain, and many other other industries.
At SiBAN, we wish to promote access to relevant resources on blockchain technology. This is vital. And his is why SiBAN is introducing this Resource page.
Here, you get to view or download various resources on various aspects of blockchain technology. The page will be updated from time to time.
If you have any resource for our community and other web visitors, please feel free to send your resource to us at email@example.com. We will be happy to include such resource in our list of resources here. Even if the resource is not free, we will publish the relevant link here and classify the resource as appropriate.
- Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System. Click here to download the “bitcoin paper”, courtesy of Bitcoin.org
- Ethereum Whitepaper – courtesy of Ethereum.org
- Bitcoin: Price, Graph, Data, and Information – courtesy of Blockspot.io
- The Bitcoin Phenomenon,. Click here to watch video on SQ1.tv
- How blockchain technology could change our lives – European Parliament
- Cryptocurrencies and blockchain – Legal context and implications for financial crime, money laundering and tax evasion – European Parliament
- Africa could be the next frontier for cryptocurrency – UN.org
- Blockchain Now And Tomorrow – European Union Hub
- Coming soon
- Bitcoin Information & Resources – Jameson Lopp
- Binance Academy
- Bitcoin Projects
Circulars, Public Notices, Statements, and Publications by Regulators and Agencies
- Circular to Banks and Other Financial Institutions on Virtual Currency Operations in Nigeria, published by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), 12 January 2017. Click here to view it.
- Virtual Currencies not Legal Tender in Nigeria, published by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), 28 February 2018. Click here to view it.
- Public Notice on Investments in Cryptocurrencies and other Virtual or Digital Currencies, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), 12 January 2017. Click here to view it.
- Special Notice to Banks, Bank Depositors and the General Public on Digital Currencies, National Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC), 15 February 2018. Click here to view it.
- The Report of the FinTech Roadmap Committee of the Nigerian Capital Market, presented to and accepted by the Capital Market community, 22 August 2019. Click here to view it.
- Statement on Digital Assets and their Classification and Treatment, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), 14 September 2020. Click here to view.
- Draft National Blockchain Adoption Strategy, National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), October 2020. Click here to view it.