SiBAN Chairman, Paul Ezeafulukwe, will be moderating one of the panel sessions at the CBDC Africa Digital Conference which comes up tomorrow Thursday 8 October 2020. The topic for discussion at the panel session is ‘Regulatory Framework for African Fintech Ecosystem’. The panel is scheduled for 13:00pm–14:00pm GMT+1 (WAT).
According to the Global Policy House, organizers of the CBDC Africa Digital Conference 2020, the aim of the panel is “to explore some of the critical questions surrounding the regulatory framework for African Fintech Ecosystem such as choosing the right regulatory framework for the African FinTech ecosystem.”
Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) is a new innovation. A number of central banks around the world have been considering the pros and cons of adopting CBDCs. To be able to maximize the opportunities and minimize the risks, asking the right questions is vital.
To answer some of those vital questions from a regulatory angle are the panellists, namely:
- Adedeji Owonibi, Senior Partner Financial Forensics/ Virtual Assets regulator advisor, A&D Forensics;
- Emomotimi John Agama, Deputy Director/ Head Registration, Exchanges and Market Infrastructure and Innovation Department, SEC Nigeria;
- Nena Nwachukwu, Regional Manager of Paxful in Nigeria, Paxful;
- Olayemi Anyanechi, Founder and Managing Partner, Sefton Fross; and
- Senator Ihenyen, Lead Partner, Infusion Lawyers (also the General Secretary of SiBAN);
Moderator : Paul Ezeafulukwe, President and Co-Promoter, Stakeholders in Blockchain Technology Association of Nigeria (SiBAN)
All interested persons are invited to register for the conference free, using the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/central-bank-digital-currency-africa-conference-tickets-120573018143?ref=estw
Feel free to invite others in your network as well. Tag #CBDCAfrica #CoinsNewsExtra #GLobalPolicyHouse @michellechivung @officialsiban
Click here to follow SiBAN on Twitter.