SiBAN Membership Registration for the year 2020 is now officially open to the community. The Vice Chairperson on Membership, Toju Kaka, announced this in the SiBAN WhatsApp community on 20 March 2020.
Membership of SiBAN is structured into 12 classes. From the membership structure, the idea is to have a broad-based membership representing all players or stakeholders in the blockchain & cryptocurrency community in Nigeria. While certain classes are required to pay specific membership fees, a few classes are considered special. The 12 classes are as follows:
- Undergraduates (Student Node)
- NYSC Corpers (Corper Node)
- Enthusiasts (Enthu Node)
- Experts (Xpert Node)
- Traders, Merchants, and Miners (Trader Node, Miner Node)
- Corporate Bodies (Master Node)
- Digital Asset Exchanges (Xchange Node)
- Professional Bodies (Pro Node)
- Virtual Assets Regulators (Governing Node)
- Educational & Research Institutions (Edu Node)
- Honorary Members (Honour Node)
- Non Governmental Organisations (NGO Node)
Membership is open to both local and foreign projects in the Nigeria blockchain & cryptocurrency space. And each class of membership comes with its own benefits.
According to the SiBAN General Secretary, Senator Ihenyen, “By registering as a SiBAN member, you get to enjoy the benefits offered under each class of membership. To make SiBAN accountable to you, each class comes with its own benefit. As the General Secretary, my primary duty is to ensure that SiBAN leadership delivers those membership benefits to you.”
He continued, “When we have a database of registered members, we will be able to be more efficient and effective, ensuring that whether as an individual, company, or other body, you have access to specific benefits. It’s the only way we can grow this community to become more responsible and responsive to the needs of the community and the members of the public.”
Toju Kaka, SiBAN Vice Chairman on Memberships, maintained that “SiBAN has been making efforts to educate users and the general public about cryptocurrencies and blockchains, safeguard against scams; and work with players and regulators to boost blockchain adoption and ensure global best practices. It’s time to step up SiBAN operations and put a structure to SiBAN membership to ensure sustainability and scalability of the community.” He continued, “With this new membership structure and drive, SiBAN will be able to cater to the needs of her members effectively, protect their interest and foster a credible blockchain ecosystem that is conducive for growth and innovation. I encourage everyone to join the association and register as a bona fide member.”
The SiBAN Chairman, Paul Ezeafulukwe, who has been emphasizing on the need for structures in the space, had this to say: “To us at SiBAN, our members represent our strength. As an association, securing our members’ interest and ensuring a safe balance with the public interest is primary. This is why as Nigeria’s Blockchain Association, I’m happy to see the Membership Subcommittee under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chairman on Memberships officially kick-off membership registration. By running a safer community, we will be able to best maximize the immense potentials of blockchain technology.”
But this is not just any membership registration exercise. With this membership registration, SiBAN wants to sanitize the blockchain & cryptocurrency space in Nigeria. As soon as membership registration is confirmed, the register member is assigned an e-membership badge. Each membership class has its unique badge that may published on their website, blog, or other channels. Also, crypto traders in the space are encouraged and required to obtain a SiBAN certified “3Ts” Badge: Trusted and Tested Trader. This 3Ts badge is only available to verified SiBAN members who have successfully met the 3Ts verification requirement. More information about 3Ts Verification will be published soon by the SiBAN Secretariat.
As released by the Membership Subcommittee chaired by Kaka Toritseju, EOS Nation Ambassador, and author of “Understanding EOS”, below is the SiBAN Membership Registration Instructions:
- The membership registration process is a two-step registration process: (i) application for & payment for membership, and (ii) KYC submission.
- For complete the first step, please go to http://bit.ly/SIBANapplication.
- After completing the first step above, please expect a payment confirmation email from SiBAN Membership Desk on the next Saturday;
- In the payment confirmation email, you will be provided with a link to complete and submit your KYC form online;
- After submitting your KYC form, the SiBAN Membership Desk will review it and send a membership confirmation email containing link go join SiBAN’s exclusive group for registered members only.
- Payment is required to be made in any of the following cryptocurrencies: bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, and EOS.
- To become a registered SiBAN member, completion of the two-step process is mandatory. Ensure that you complete the two steps.
- Ensure that your evidence of payment is properly documented and submitted to the SiBAN Membership Desk through the membership application form.
- Payment of membership application fee is nonrefundable and irreversible.
- Membership application is not automatic but subject to verification and review.
- For any assistance, complaints, or enquiry, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As soon as membership registration is confirmed, the registered member is assigned an e-membership badge. Each membership class has its unique badge that may published on their website, blog, or other channels. Also, crypto traders in the space are encouraged and required to obtain a SiBAN certified “3Ts” Badge: Trusted and Tested Trader. This 3Ts badge is only available to verified SiBAN members who have successfully met the 3Ts verification requirement. More information about 3Ts Verification will be published soon by the SiBAN Secretariat.
Register today. Click here.